This episode is a special behind-the-scenes look at Wedding MBA from its first in person live event since 2019. Megan spoke on imposter syndrome – and what happened to her in Vegas did NOT help with her own imposter syndrome. And The Planner’s Vault shared a booth with Weddings for Real, where we interviewed 15 of the 4000 wedding pros in attendance on why they attended Wedding MBA, what they wish other vendors knew about them, and what trends they want to see vanish in 2022.
- Maryssa Souza from Save the Date Weddings and Events
- Janet Abbey from Sterling Event Services
- Lynne Reznick from Lynne Reznick Photography
- Tina Wineglass with Wineglass Events
- Hawley Vining from Vining Events
- Lesley Acevedo with Indy Get Married
- Tyler Robb, Pearl and Tin Wedding and Event Planning
- Debra Reece, Debra Reece Events
- Claudia Terrazas, Time with Terrazas
- Karla Solórzano with Kiss and Say I Do Events
- Michele Suttile, SYWP Events
- LaShon Rodgers with Forever in a Day
- Keri Lugo from Timeless Rose Events
- Carrie Contrares, Carrie’s Delights
- Matt Kays with Mountain Event Services
This episode is brought to you by The Planner’s Vault, my online membership site for wedding planners who are hungry to grow, ready to hustle, and actively seeking community and education. In the vault, there are guest experts on many topics relevant to growing and cultivating a successful event planning business with new content added consistently, plus all of my templates that I have built out over the years, like How to Get on Preferred Vendor Lists, The Client Experience, and more. The mission with the vault is to elevate the industry (along with some amazing experts and fellow entrepreneurs) and I want it to be affordable so it’s possible to stay invested in the community and yourself for the long haul.
The doors are currently closed for The Vault, but join the wait list now so you can be the first to know when the doors re-open.
Weddings for Real on Social Media:
The host of the show is Megan Gillikin, owner and lead consultant at A Southern Soiree Wedding and Event Planning. She’s also available for wedding and hospitality business consulting and can be reached at email@example.com.
Weddings for Real is edited and produced by Earfluence.