Mikkel Paige is a wedding photographer and travel blogger, and she came on the show to give her Top 5 Destination Wedding Tips!
- Destination Weddings can be Stressful! If you’re getting married and you need to be in control, a destination wedding may not be for you, because there is so much you CANNOT control.
- Look Closely at your Contracts. A photographer might be included, but is that photographer right for you? And what if it’s not? Can you get a discount off of your package?
- Review the Laws of your Destination. Are you allowed to get married there? Are there different rules based on the country’s laws on religion or gay marriage?
- Don’t Forget Sunscreen! If you’re golfing or lounging or drinking or whatever before the wedding, use sunscreen. You don’t want the sunglasses or bikini straps showing in your pictures!
- Consider the Weather. If you’re getting married on the east coast, a sunset ceremony is probably not going to happen for you. And if it’s windy that day, you can’t force pictures by the beach.
Mikkel can be found pretty much everywhere online, including:
http://departmentofwandering.com/ (Blog Mikkel contributes to)
http://sometimeshome.com/ (Mikkel’s personal travel blog, which is fantastic!)
Check out the timeline of the blog and her wedding career:
Today’s episode is brought to you by Honeyfund. CEO Sara Margulis was on Episode 10 of Weddings for Real, and our listeners can get the Elite Package at Honeyfun for $19.99 by following this link –
Music for this episode by https://www.bensound.com.
The host of the show is Megan Gillikin, owner and lead consultant at A Southern Soiree Wedding and Event Planning. She’s also available for wedding and hospitality business consulting and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weddings for Real is edited and produced by Jason Gillikin for Earfluence.