Thanks for being our guest on the Moving the Needle Podcast! Please fill out the information below so sharing our collective masterpiece on all the socials is smooth and easy. And take a look at the technology tips, because we want this to sound quality to match the quality of your expertise!
Please note: You are scheduling two times here – one for a prep call (the top scheduling link, 20-30 minutes) and one for the recording itself (the bottom, 60 minutes).
Moving the Needle Podcast Guest FormPlease provide your name, bio, social handles, headshot, and anything else we need to know!
MOVING THE NEEDLE PODCAST RECORDING – TECHNOLOGY TIPS
The interview will be both VIDEO & AUDIO. Of note:
This will be primarily an audio podcast, but we will be grabbing some video for social media sharing, so please have a clean background.
Please use a computer with a dependable internet connection. If that’s a direct network cable, amazing! If not, quality wifi works too.
If you have an external mic and headphones, please use them.
- If you have a way to record your end of the conversation (on voice memos, voice recorder, audacity), please go for it and we’ll provide you a folder to upload your track. If not, no worries, we got you!
Overview: Communities worldwide are at an inflection point. In the devastating wake of COVID, there are unparalleled opportunities to move the needle on realizing truly inclusive prosperity, fueled by dynamic economic growth. In this moment, communities can make bold, strategic, and equitable investments. Needle moving investments not only generate catalytic and sustained community impact, but also provide meaningful financial returns for the impact investors behind them.
“Moving the Needle” is a podcast series featuring conversations with a globally curated mix of policymakers, philanthropists, private investors, and social innovators who are driving break-through investments that move the needle. Hosted by Christopher Gergen and Johnathan Holifield, an uncommon pairing who arrived at the common need for “doing needle moving sh#t” from very different lived experiences. Through the podcast, Gergen and Holifield invite guests to share their own lived experiences and what led them to their transformative investment theses. Designed to be highly interactive, energetic, and personal the thirty-minute conversation will leave listeners with a deeper understanding of how investment can be channeled for the greater good, inspired by the stories behind the innovation, and excited to learn more about each guest.
Audience: Policymakers, philanthropists, private investors, social innovators, and community activists passionate about community development and social change and interested in joining an ongoing conversation.
Tone: positive, high energy, a bit irreverent, authentic, insightful
Guiding questions: (NOTE: these are guiding questions. We won’t have time to go over all of these and we strive to make this as conversational as possible including building on particularly interesting insights/ topics. However, through these questions you can get a sense of our line of inquiry):
- When and where did you begin your journey as a changemaker?
- Who were early influencers?
- What was the big idea that led you to the work you are doing now?
- Describe the investment model you are working on:
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- How does your investment strategy address this need?
- How do you balance financial returns with positive social impact?
- What does success look like?
- What are the biggest challenges/ barriers in your way right now?
- What keeps you up at night?
- Do you have strategies for maintaining a personal balance?
- What have you read recently that has really turned you on?
- Is there a song that really fires you up? (what’s your “walk-on” music?)
- Final words of wisdom for fellow changemakers trying to do doing needle moving sh#t?