On February 10, 2021, NC State’s Poole College of Management launched the Poole Podcast, a “think and do” conversation about the relationship between academics and industry.
Listen: Episode 1 with Dean Frank Buckless and The Pink Ceiling CEO Cindy Eckert
Listen: Episode 2 – US Taxation in a Global Economy, with Nathan Goldman and EY’s Amanda Shumaker
Jenny Hammond is the CMO at Poole College and the host of the Poole Podcast, and we asked her 5 questions about what it’s been like so far.
1) Why did you start a podcast?
2) Has anything been scary?
Sure…..whenever trying something new can be scary, but I think the content we are sharing is relative which helps with the fear factor. For me personally….I always get a little nervous before each episode as I want to come across as natural and as knowledgeable as possible…but I don’t always feel that way:)
3) What’s been the most exciting part so far?
4) What podcasts do you listen to? Inspire you?
- “Potential to Be Amazing”, a local podcast of a Catholic School Principal and a Catholic priest. They talk about everything under the sun and they are hilarious. They absolutely do not fit the stereotypes of a principal and a priest.
- “On the Couch, Braless by Eight”, also a local podcast. This is one of a young woman navigating the single life. So, so good…and authentic.
- I love “SmartLess” with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, & Will Arnett. These three are individually so funny but together they have made me cry with the stuff they have discussed.
Why not? They were on my radar for a while for the work they have done with other local podcast series. The team is amazing to work with and at the end of the day they make us look great! It’s been a win win partnership for sure.
Thanks Jenny! Be sure to tune in to the Poole Podcast, and subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts